Friday, May 15, 2015

Aunt Sue and the ice storm of 1978



It was Easter weekend, 1978.  We lived in Decatur, IL.  I was almost 6 years old.  The ice storm hit and we lost power.  My father called his sister, Sue Kidwell.  Her and her husband, Terry owned an electric generator.  We packed some clothes and made the journey over to their house.  It was very exciting to get to stay over with my aunt and uncle.  At the time we still celebrated Easter, so my sister and I wondered how the "Easter Bunny" would show up even though the world was covered with ice.

I went to bed and slept on through the night.  In the morning, the "Easter Bunny" came and left us candy.  But my sister proceeded to tell me that she was awake when the "Easter Bunny" came.  It was our dear old dad, placing the baskets on the table.

That was the year I found out there was no such thing as the "Easter Bunny".


No comments:

Post a Comment